Please note that all other, older email addresses are now obsolete.
Risk/parenting assessments (throughout the UK) can normally be provided within three months of a Letter of Instruction from a solicitor (and sometimes sooner in urgent cases).
Independent risk/parenting/family assessments (and viability assessments) in public law proceedings (care proceedings). These are commissioned by solicitors representing Children’s Guardians and parents, or by local authorities (often jointly).
Kinship care (Family & Friends Carers) assessments either prior to, or in the context of care proceedings. These are commissioned by solicitors representing Children’s Guardians and parents, or by local authorities (often jointly).
Assessment of appropriate post-placement family contact arrangements when children have been placed in substitute care. These are commissioned by solicitors representing Children’s Guardians and parents, or by local authorities (often jointly).
Independent family assessments in private law proceedings (e.g. residence and contact disputes). These are commissioned by solicitors representing parents.
Provision of ‘follow-up’ therapeutic services (and continuing assessment) in reunification programmes. On-going therapeutic support to families following reunification may be commissioned by local authorities. In residence/contact cases this will most likely be commissioned by parents.
Assessments of claims for damages re alleged social services negligence
- Child protection risk assessments following serious injuries to infants
- Child protection risk assessment, case management and appropriate reunification programmes
- Parenting assessments including attachment
- Kinship care assessments
- Post-placement contact arrangements and disputes
- Therapeutic services for abused children and children subject to child protection interventions
- Therapeutic provision for adults who were abused as children
- Issues relating to ‘true’ and ‘false’ allegations and memories of abuse
- Research into parents’ perceptions of child protection interventions
- Review of child abuse and child protection errors
Research-based professional practice advice regarding:
- Appropriate child protection interventions
- Support/therapeutic services for children and families
- Clinical consultation/supervision for independent social workers, counsellors/therapists
Evaluation project work focused on:
- Individual case reviews (including complaints)
- Evaluation of specific services (outcomes)
- Evaluation of views of service users (processes)